Friday, September 25, 2009

Thank You



A friend is a gift. Whether those words have ever rolled off your tongue or drifted through your head in a quiet moment of deep reflection, the truth is undeniable. Friends are always the one who lessen our sorrows and broaden our smiles. They are like the sunlight after a heavy downpour, and I'm very positive about this.


When adversaries conspire against us, our friends can be counted on to mount a ready defense. To friends we can entrust our innermost selves, knowing they will safeguard our secrets and advise with gentle candor. Listening to our tribulations, they understand even what we do not say. I once heard of a quote, which goes like this, "The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had." This is one of my favourite quote, no doubt.


After all these years, I wouldn't say that I have a lot of friends, but I'm glad that I have a few of them who are real angels. You know who you are, don't you? And dear readers, have you found yours? Give your friends a big hug today because friendship is a blessing, and not a given right.

No comments: