Wednesday, June 30, 2010

LGMH

When my sister was younger she came home from school one day and demanded I take her to the library so she could get books on sign language.

I asked why? She told me there was a new kid at school who was deaf and she wanted to befriend him.

Today I stood beside her at their wedding watching her sign "I DO". GMH

My grandma is sick and can't control her body. While mentally alert, she is often treated like a child. My grandpa and I were running to the grocery store when suddenly he turned around and drove all the way back home. When I asked him why, he said,

"I forgot to Kiss your grandma goodbye".

I have always been depressed.

Last night, I called my boyfriend crying, telling him that I wish he was here. We talked for six hours.

When we got off the phone, I heard tapping on my window. I looked out to see him, throwing rocks.

He lives in Boston, and drove six hours to come see me. His LGMH.

My boyfriend and I have been dating since the 7th grade. We are now 24, and married.

We first met in kindergarten when he threw a crayon at me.

Then in the 7th grade, he threw the same color crayon at me, with a homemade wrapper saying, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

The crayon was there at our wedding. His memory GMH.

I don't have an incredible love story like some of the LGMH's on here.

My husband and I didn't meet in kindergarten, or on a bridge, or after a traumatic event.

For a while that bothered me, but then I realized that if we can love each other as much as we do without that kind of story, than, more than ever before, LGMH.


Aren't all these short stories beautiful? I don't know how many of them are real, or probably they are all real, but they never fail to plaster a smile on my face although some stories may make me a little teary eyed. I feel happy for them, and they really prove that true love does exist. Thus whenever I'm sad or hopeless, I read the stories on LGMH. They remind me that there are fantastic, beautiful things and people out there. If you have had a terrible day today, remember, the sky isn't always blue, the sun doesn't always shine. Things fall apart so that better things can come into our lives.

No comments: