Saturday, December 25, 2010

Waiting For One


When you're a kid, it's simple. Christmas is magic. It's a time of miracles, when reindeer can fly and frosty never melts. Then you get older. Somehow, things change. The magic begins to fade. Until something happens that reminds you, at Christmas time... miracles can still be found. Sometimes in the most unexpected places. - The Wonder Years

For some reasons, I find it so true. To be honest, I was once a naive kid also. When I was 7 or 8 years old, I took out the most beautiful sock I had in my wardrobe and actually hanged it on my door knob. ( Yes, I live in a tropical country, we don't have a fireplace in our house. ) Pretty obvious, I believed in the existence of the Santa Claus. And the first thing I do on the 25th December morning is to check if there was anything in the sock. To my surprise, there was something in there, either toys or sweets. I guess I was really happy at that time, couldn't really recall it now.


But as I grew older, I didn't spend time doing such thing anymore. I started to realise that the presence of Santa Claus, his sleigh and of course the cute reindeer was simply a fantasy, a seed of hope the grown ups planted in us when we were still young. But whenever Christmas is around the corner, like now, I feel happy. The feeling is simply indescribable. Although I do not celebrate it, it is still more of like a joyful day for me.


So, how is your Christmas? :)


P.S: I'm heading out in a bit to STUDY. I know, darn sad.


Updates: Alrights, I would have to rephrase. I had a GREAT day. :P

No comments: