Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nothing But Disappointment

It's a day I've been waiting for since last year, the release day of Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince movie. Hence, I went into the cinema with really high hopes to watch such a great movie. Great movie, at least that's what I think before the movie started.




But, it was really disappointing on my opinion. Too many details in the book aren't there in the movie. It really makes me wonder, how are they going to relate this with the Deathly Hallows, the 7th movie. The Burrow is burned down? Yeah, I can't imagine how will they screw Deathly Hallows now. There isn't a funeral for Dumbledore too. And the climax of the book about the fights in Hogwarts, nothing is shown in the movie. What's wrong?


The only thing they emphasize on is the relationships between the teenagers. And yet, it isn't well shown as well. Harry would have break up with Ginny in the end! But Lavender Brown's obsessed love for Ron is pretty funny though.


Okay, I do admit that the cinematography is really good. The lights, sound effects and everything else. But a good plot is the main point of the whole movie. They should really consider which part to cut down and which part to modify properly. Hopefully Deathly Hallows can be way better than this.

No comments: