Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Perspective

When I was younger, maybe around 12 years old or so, I would always wish to grow up faster. I would always wish to see 18 candles on my birthday cake on the next year. And now, I'm already 18 years old. But things changed, '18' is just an insignificant number now.


And I really love toddlers and kids, not when they cry though, because I'll be freaked out. But honestly, their gestures and the innocent smile on their face can usually make me laugh. They don't hide their feelings, everything will be shown on their face, whether they're happy or sad. Isn't it good to be kids then?


When I look at an old drunk man and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away. But kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back. When I hear music which I love, I know I can’t carry a tune and don’t have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen. Kids however feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don’t know them, they make up their own. When I pray I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that. But kids say, "Hi God! Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. I would miss my mummy and daddy."


People used to say that we're given kids to teach them. But I really doubt that. Because at times, we learn from them. Try to look through a child's eyes when you find yourself in a worst senario of life.


Mel & I =)

Pictures taken during the semester break, in a dessert house in Sri Petaling.
We went there after we had dim sum for brunch in Happy Garden. =P
( Tsung Wai, Chee Seong & Mr. Peter )

The girls ( Shirley, Mee Kuan, Mel, Steph & Su Ann )


P.S: 1 down, 9 more to go! =)

No comments: