Saturday, May 17, 2008

YOU Can Make A Difference

Okay, I know that I should have blog about the trip to Parliament and Teachers' Day before this post but I was still exhausted and I haven't get all the photos and pictures yet. Furthermore, there is something much more important for me to blog about.


So this is what happened. I went to a dinner with my mother's side relatives just now because my aunt and her family who live in Singapore for all this time returned to Malaysia this afternoon. Coincidentally, I saw the charity programme which was live from Hong Kong.


For all this time, I only saw pictures from newspaper and felt sorry for them. And now, I saw video. I saw women crying over their husbands and children dead bodies. It's hard for them to move on because their precious ones just left them. If I was one of them, I might not stay strong at all and rather die with my family. I really hope I can do something for them, even it is a minor one.


The earthquake happened on the 12th of May. As in 17th of May, there were nearly 30,000 people who passed away and there were 14,000 people missing. Their family members were taking pictures of them and searching for them while crying. A healthy person who is buried underground can only live for 8 days without food and drink. 3 more days left. I really hope the volunteers, police, army, doctors or whoever can save as many people as they can. Seriously, I even feel like being a volunteer now. Imagine a simple act of yours can help those needy. We are humans and we got feelings. Although we are from different countries, but we are somehow connected. I wish to do my part for them.


I was wondering whether the school will raise fund for them, the victims in China. We did for the victims during the Tsunami in Indonesia and also the children in Darfur. Why not the victims in China now? They need our help also. We are lucky, but what about those unfortunate one? We should not only learn something as in theory. " Lend a helping hand ", I believe everybody knows this well enough. And NOW, it is the time for us to practice it. Let us all pray for those victims in China and may GOD bless them.


MIRACLES do exist in this world~


*Pray for them*

*Parents touched the daughter's hand for the last time*

*Kindergarten children did their part by donating*

*Miracle - She is found still alive after 125 hours buried underground*

*Same goes to this*


P.S: Love has no boundary and it won't limit us.

No comments: