Friday, May 1, 2009

I HEART Awards!

28.4.2009


After R.E.A.L Excellence Awards, attended Tan Sri Dato' Dr Loy Hean Heong Merit Scholarships Award Presentation Ceremony in Taylor's. All the recipients got to wear formal clothes, so you'll actually see a sea of students in their formal clothes that day. No, I'm not kidding. Just imagine the number of people who received the award, really a big, deep sea. =P





The ceremony was kinda boring in fact, maybe because of the large number of students who received it. Everybody waited for 3 hours, just to go on stage for a dummy certificate and practically stoned in there for nothing. No performance, nothing! One different thing was you'll actually get to see many students studying, mostly studying Moral because final on the next day. =P


Min Yee, Set and I

Melissa and I

Mr. Peter gave us free time to study LAN =)

And this is for Juneebaby

Camwhoring =P


29.4.2009


It was a happening day, everything was still crystal clear in my mind. As usual, I went to my parents' room to get my allowance of the day before I leave for college. Once I stepped in, I heard a loud "Bang!". I peeked through the window and saw 2 motor cyclists. 1 of them was riding the motorcycle, and another 1 of them was searching for something in my neighbour's car. I dunno what's their motive, whether to steal the car or whatever, so I woke my mum up. Damn scary!


My neighbour then came out of his house with a torch light and shouted. Both of them quickly ran away with a pack of things they got from the car. Still, I dunno what's that. 10 minutes gone, and I decided to go down to my basement. Once I opened the door, I heard motorcycle's engine and voices of people fighting or arguing. Again, I quickly closed the door and went back up. Heartbeat increasing non stop. I only managed to get out of the house until the police came. What a good starting of the day!


And I enjoyed the experiment of the day. It was really fun, compared to analysing slides under microscope and draw them out. =P Our experiment of the day was, dissecting heart! Cool, right? Most of us bought goat's heart, only Tsung Wai brought a claimed-to-be cow's heart. The heart he brought was 3 or 4 times the goat's heart. =P They said all of them were smelly, but I can't smell anything, except for the latex smell of the gloves. Weird, eh?


Hearts kept in the lab =P

For demonstration purposes

Dissected heart

Mr. Peter was washing the goats' heart

The clean ones

Opening Tsung Wai's humongous cow's heart

Still bloody red

Cleaning in progress

And ta-dah! Damn big, right?

Showing us the blood flow with the help of water

I love hearts!

Left to right: Yours truly, Lin Ji, Tio & Shirley

Mr. Peter playing with his heart!



After we identified all the structures of the heart, we started to have fun with it. Nah, we weren't any pervert or maniac, okay? We were just spending our time and to entertain ourselves. We found blood clots in the heart, and they started to cut it into smaller pieces. In the end, they used it to turn the heart into a cobra. I know you won't understand, look at the pictures below and you'll. And yeah, PM8-ers are fun and creative people!


Blowing kisses eh, Shirley?

The original heart!

Heart dissected by Tio and I, but promoted by Hui Ning and Sin Yee =P

Woo hoo, split them up!

I know, he looked like a pervert in here. Haha!

Spot what doctor's son doing?

First attempt to change it into cobra

Eat you!

Ta-dah, done! Cute?

Credits gone to Melissa for holding the cobra for me

Shirley and her baby!

Li Jin and I

Jocelyn and Sin Yee

Tio, Mr. Peter and Chee Seong

Take 2

Doesn't it look like a butterfly now? =P


Timetable was accelerated that day because we gotta sit for LAN final on 3.30 p.m. So, our class ended at 1.50 p.m and off we went to Snowflake for desserts and to study. And yeah, I sat for my final in Multi Purpose Hall, not that scary actually. Hoepfully the results are okay as well. =)


Got problem to return home that day too. Isn't it way too happening? Everything on the same day! I really wonder how Min Yee and Cindy walk to KTM station everyday. I'll die if I gotta do that everyday. May it be my first and last time. Was damn tired but still studied for Biology, but in the end, was kinda speechless. That's all for now. =P

No comments: