Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Maybe It's Not



I don't know whether you've heard about it before, but many people told me about this. According to them, to be the youngest child in the family is the best as compared to the rest. I've got no idea why do they think so, because the statement isn't really true in my opinion.


Yes, I'm the youngest child. Maybe you will think that youngest one is usually the baby in the family and is protected for most of the time. Fine, I agree with this. It will be in this way for most of the time. Everything is well taken care of and no matter how old are you, they will still take you as a kid who never grows up. It's great to rely on the family at home when you already gotta face a number of challenges out there.


But, do you understand the pain of the youngest child? The age gap between my siblings and I is pretty big. So, I didn't get to spend much time with them before they turned legal. Because by then, their circle of friends gets wider and slowly they move on with their life. The television was my best friend back then, as I was always staying at home alone during those days.


Honestly, I forget when was the last time I had dinner with the family, as in the whole family. There's always somebody who is missing, we hardly have the chance to dine together. It hurts, to see how the dining table shrinks from days to days. And the last time we went for a vacation, all 5 of us, I was only 6 years old. I really hope to travel somewhere, even if it's in Malaysia, or only for a few days, as long as we're all there.


I'm still waiting for this day to come.

No comments: