Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm Fine



In average, a person tells 4 lies a day, or 1460 a year a total of 88,000 by the age of 60.
And the most common lie: "I'm fine."


I was actually randomly reading some blogs, and I found that. The first thought which came across my mind was, "Yeah, that's so true!". ( I dunno the statistics is true to which extent, you may go google it if you want to double confirm. )

Frankly speaking, how many of us have never said that line with a smile when somebody asks us how are we doing, even after a horrendous day? We do not like to be lied, but we tend to lie about our feelings. That's how ironic life can be at times.

After so many years, well, 18 years to be exact, I guess it's one of my habits to say so as well. Family and close friends might be able to differentiate which is true and which is not, but it isn't very difficult to pretend that I'm okay sometimes. Nobody knows what does "I'm fine" really means on a given day, and the only exceptional one would be myself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to encourage you to hide your feelings. Because on second thought, I think it's bad to practice this. Those who bother to ask how are we doing are the ones who love us. When we fake a smile and pretend to be happy, we're actually pushing these people away. And in the end, we're left with nobody, but ourselves.

I know, actions speak louder than words. I dunno whether I can change this habit of mine or not, but I'm willing to give it a try. If you're facing the same situation as I do, let's do this together. It's the end of Year 2009, and we're welcoming Year 2010. And this time, perhaps with a brand new us. Do you not agree? ;P

No comments: