Thursday, January 28, 2010

Daily Updates

3 hours break on every Thursday isn't fun, especially when it's from 9 a.m to 12 p.m. I wonder how are we going to spend the remaining Thursdays. We headed to the library to print notes and to tackle some Math questions before we joined the rest for brunch. It's 9 in the morning, and yet I saw a big crowd in the library. It wasn't like that last year, I wonder why.


Tio wanted to borrow a book, and since I wanted to play with the machine, I tagged along. Gosh, I shouldn't have done that. It was very embarrassing. Both of us couldn't even key in password correctly, not to mention to scan the bar code of the book. The juniors tried to teach us some more. The library assistant also came to help us after we troubled him for a few times. Aiyoh, away from college for a month only then don't know how to borrow books already. =P


After we had our brunch in Asia Cafe, we went to this newly opened dessert shop, F.B.I. Sam told me that it stands for Full Blooded Indian, and I actually believed her. Honestly, I've got no idea why did I trust her. Because it's impossible for one to name their dessert shop like that, doesn't make sense at all. I won't fall for the same thing again, never. =P


We were the only customers and hence the emptiness.

Steph asked me to take this, unique in a way I guess?

Tio & Shirley
Don't underestimate this picture, okay?
I used more or less 5 minutes to capture this.

Sam Ong, Stephanie & Yours Truly
For some reasons, I think we had this constipated look when we took this picture.
Okay, maybe we were trying hard not to laugh and hence it explains the weird smile.

Found this in the notepad. Haha.

Chocolate ice cream served with milk cream ice and bananas.

This is the nicest among all of them, but still Snowflake will be a better choice.

Spot the three of them? :) Oh, and also Shirley's fingers. Haha.

Mango ice cream served with milk cream ice, pearls and mangos.

This isn't the best place to eat this dessert, I bet you'll agree with me.
How can one forget the nicest mango shaved ice ( Mango Loh ) in KTZ, SS2?
Wait, 100 Yen serves better mango shaved ice in a cheaper price also. =)

Strawberry ice cream served with watermelons, taros and milk cream ice.

Okay, it's a very weird combination. Do not ask me why did we pick them.
All in all, the desserts were okay, not so fantastic and nothing to go gaga about.
I wonder if we're going to makan there again, most probably not I think. =)


On a very random note, do remember not to speak Hokkien to somebody who understands nothing about it, like me. Why? Because we, who don't know its real meaning tend to interpret the words ourselves, and for most of the time, we misinterpret them. Okay, cannot blame us at all, at least we try our best to figure them out.


And here's what happened when an Ang-Moh tried to speak Hokkien to a person who clearly doesn't know how to speak Hokkien at all.


After classes, Jennie was accompanying me while I was waiting for Set Wern at the guardhouse. All of a sudden, she asked me, "Mother, my hair 'beh sai' ah?". I know 'beh sai' definitely stands for 'not okay' in this case. So I thought 'beh' is like 'no/not' in English, thus I replied her, "You hair 'sai' lah!". Jennie gave me the speechless look and told me that 'sai' alone stands for shit. I laughed right away. Haha. In the end, Jennie told me that I should have said 'eh sai'. See, complicated. We shouldn't even bother to speak Hokkien at the first place. =P

No comments: