Friday, October 17, 2008

Kitasenri High School

Yesterday, I headed to Bangsar with my sister and rushed to Mines straight away to get the souvenirs for the Japanese students who came to our school today. Each student accompanied each Japanese student for the entire day. It was different than the previous exchange programmes where students were divided into groups.

*Our presents for our buddies!*

*Not a good angle*


We went down to the Hall of Character at 9.00 a.m and started to line up to wait for the arrival of the Japanese students. ( Well, 80 Cahayans joined us too. =] ) There was 315 of them. Can you imagine it? A really big number because every students in their form came. I really wonder why can't my school organise some trip like that and everybody can really involve, except air pollutants. =P


*While waiting in the hall*

*7 buses, 315 students!*


I was the first person in the queue because I exchanged with Ray aka. Swee Pheng. Everything just happened so sudden and Kai Leeng took me to a girl and ta-dah, she was my buddy for the entire day. Her name is Anna Goto and she's really cute. When she can't say what she wanted in English or make me understand it, she showed a really cute expression. =]


*Anna and I (Like the show name XD)*


After everybody got a buddy with them, the event finally started. As the host, of course our school Senior section principal, Ms. Olive Tan gave a speech and welcomed them to our school. Then it was the Kitasenri High School Principal's turn and they exchanged present. Some events like their class representatives' speech and our school introduction also took place.


*Class representatives*

*Exchanging present*


After that, it was the ice breaking session. We filled up our forms quickly with the Japanese students around us and it was the photo snapping time. At first it was only a small group of us. Who knows more and more joined us and there were more cameras. I bet all of us can't smile naturally for the last few pictures. I wonder how the celebrities manage to do so also. :P Later on, I exchanged my present with Anna and I hope she like it.


*5 of us with our buddies made it 10*

*Everybody joined in =]*

*Close up*

*Me and Anna with our presents*

*A toy, fan and kaleidoscope XD*



Right after that, we headed for our activity of the day. Anna signed up for Bahasa Malaysia class and I tagged along. Luckily June's buddy and Jaren's buddy signed up for the same activity. Or else, I really don't know what will happen. =P We went to the library and I taught Anna some basic BM. She's a fast learner. She wrote the pronunciation in Japanese and tried to pronounce them clearly. An hour just over like that. Pretty fast, huh? We didn't manage to bring them for a tour in our school.


*B.M Group*


Since all of them were hungry, we took them to the canteen and they had their lunch, I had my brunch. ( I bet the school canteen's boss was frustrated. XD ) There wasn't many people yet and we only queued for awhile. We were really lucky. Few minutes after we took our food, everybody came down and the queue was really long. They even lined up until the staircase. Pretty scary!


*While lining up for food*

*Food, better than canteen food*

*Us with Edmund's buddy, kinda blurr*

*Bear's buddy, Honey?*

*With I-don't-know whose buddies*

*3 of us with our buddies*

*Anna, Set's, Panda's and me*


After our meals, we went back to the hall because it was time for performances. It started off with a combination of 4 modern dance by the Kitasenri students. Although without pretty and fashionable clothes, they still looked good and danced quite well. Next was the Karate. OMG! All of them looked so tough and indestructible. My seat was in the first row, so I can really hear the sound of wind or something. =S The Hokkaido traditional dance was up next and it was pretty funny and cute. The singing session then ended the performance by the Japanese students. ( Anna said the guy in sunglasses always sing in the her class -- Class 1, pretty alike Karen! XD ) Our school presented 3 performances only.


*Kelly and I with the Class 1 rep*

*Both guys who sang XD*

*With I-don't-know whose buddies again*

*With the Leng Lui-s*



*Hokkaido dance performers*

*Karate*


*Hokkaido traditional dance*

*The singing session*



It was nearly the end of the day. Then, we were required to go on the stage to take group pictures. Since Anna is in Class 1, we were the first group who went up. A whole big group of us on the stage! The photographer of Kitasenri High School took the pictures. Wonder if they will e-mail it to the school or not, I really want to have it! =[ Then it is the time to say goodbye. Complicated feelings time. Anna and her friends said that they won't forget us and invited us to visit them in Japan next time. Since it was already drizzling, Anna got to get into the bus before it started to rain. She looked back at us 4 or 5 times and waved while she was running. Luckily she didn't fall down. I will remember you too! =D


*Audrey's, Set's, Me and Panda's*

*Me and June's*

*With Kiat's buddy*

*She's really friendly*


*Okay, with a random guy XD*

SAYONARA~

No comments: